dear santa (feel free to pass this on to my parents as well.. i’ll cc: them on the e-mail… just in case!),
ahem. anyways, dearest santa. as always, i’m on your team again this year. i’ve been on my best behavior (with the exception of last Saturday, YIKES) and again this year AS PROMISED i always change the pandora station when any variation of “santa baby” comes on because i never have and never will promote the sexualization of st. nick.
Anyway… here is my
holiday wish list “gift guide” for fellow shoppers.
let’s get down to business
1. how amaze is this starter’s kit to calligraphy santa!!! BUT PLEASE! don’t buy the one from anthropologie (although my bestie for-evs spotted it there and immediately passed on the great find in true bestie form!) i will forever give anthropologie cred for bringing this great item to our attention, but please buy it directly from the designer herself, diva pyari… navy ink please!!! its a couple dollars less on her etsy.. what a barg!
2. now santa, i KNOW this is already sold out and will never be made again… and i’m sure it’s because your equal opportunity employed elves have already wrapped it up for me for me to open christmas morn! yay! anyways, thank you santa for bringing andrew carpenter the gift of great ideas, because he really showed up his last years scrabble creation, with this years scrabble creation! please, santa, please tell me i will be one of the recipients of this board game.. i can’t go another year getting my rear end handed to me by my grandma on words with friends.
3. as long as my short term memory will allow me to remember, i have had a big huge design crush on r. buckminster fuller. aka, the most brilliant being that has ever walked the face of this planet and thought up lots of cool stuff. i love these little terrariums, because they remind me of little geodesic domes. you can find them anywhere, but i always spy them at urban outfitters when i’m shopping for
great terrible deals on some new ugly-chic threads.
4. dear santa, please bring me this cities calendar from rifle paper co. so i can count down the days until i can write you again.
5. omg. i died and went rapid quick to stationery heaven when i saw these cutester fashionista sketch cards at j.crew. (printed by the always fabulous crane & co.) i even risked bodily harm and pinched myself a few times to make sure i wasn’t dreaming. i mean, come on santa… don’t tell me these aren’t on mrs.clause’s wish list as well! after discovering they were designed by somsack himself, i pinched myself again and smudged my apparently not-yet-dry-mani… distraught, i then put down the cards and walked away, thinking to myself, “self, you must ask santa to get these for you for christmas… but just in case… you better cc: it on the email your mom and dad”.